Monday, January 26, 2009

Fishing for Stalkers - now with audience participation

So, last week I was at this training thing where one of the instructors (let's call him "Bill")was a guy about my age. Bill was definitely enjoying his time in the spotlight and his role as "expert". Besides myself there were only two other people in the young category, both were guys I know through work, let's call them Bert and Ernie. So Bert, Ernie and myself, already knowing each other kinda well, spent most of our time hanging together and teaming up for the group activities. In the meantime, Bill was trying pretty hard to be our friend and would often come over and chat with us. There was a moment during the second day where I felt somewhat sexually harassed, to the point where even Ernie commented that Bill was a little on the awkward side. I thought I made it pretty known to Bill that I wasn't impressed and that I was annoyed in his general direction.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I open my email today to find that Bill has added me as a friend on Facebook. First of all maybe Bill's weirdness was awkward flirting but seriously, can you not tell when someone doesn't like you? And second of all, it's kind of creepy because Bill would have had to copy down my last name at the course and take it home with him, because I certainly didn't give it to him. So yea, a little on the creepy side. However, as someone pointed out to me, the only thing that makes it creepy is that I'm not interested, if I was interested it would be flattering.

So, I kind of want to add him as a friend because I want to see where this goes, yea a little "Mean Girls", but whatever. But then, as was also pointed out to me, he could be my potential next stalker, which is slightly less hilarious.

So, I leave it up to you, my three faithful readers...leave your vote in the comments and I'll go with the majority, either way, hilarity will ensue.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please do not add this person. He is creepy.

farleycat said...

Don't add him!! He's more than creepy! And you should block him from Facebook so that he can never creep on you again. I'm creeped out right now.

notquiteawake said...

I agree. Don't add. Creepy.

Anonymous said...

As a reforming stalker I will give you my experienced advice. DO NOT ADD.

Many women (and even more Roughrider players) have previously made that mistake with adding me. They all regret it now.....

Luke

tee said...

Fine, fine, alright! I get it, no creepers on Facebook. Seriously. You guys are no fun. But really it's to your own detriment. Now you'll get no updates related to my adventures dodging my new stalker. You only have yourselves to blame. So there.