Thursday, February 19, 2009

If you leave your clothes on the floor, you don't need hangers...

I will often use the phrase, No wire hangers EVER!". It's from Mommy Dearest, the movie with Faye Dunaway about Joan Crawford. If you haven't seen it yet, what the hell is wrong with you? It is so awesome in it's cheesiness and the awfulness of knowing that it's a true story. (My second fav. line? "Don't fuck with me fellas, this ain't my first time at the rodeo" - seriously, I want to use that line SOOOO bad! I'm just biding my time, waiting for an opportunity!)

But back to my catch phrase. In real life it's kind of hard to work the wire hanger phrase into conversation but it sure is satisfying when you get to do your best Dunaway-imitating-Crawford imitation.

So tonight on Grey's Anatomy Faye Dunaway channeled Joan Crawford in a scene where she kicked a doctor out of her ER. It was pretty awesome, and it reminded me of how much I love the MD scene. And how much I hate wire hangers.

Skip ahead to 2:35 for the real fun to start.


UPDATE: Here's the Grey's clip that made me nostalgic...skip to 1:40


No comments: