Sunday, February 15, 2009

Free Happiness

So apparently everyone and their dog has completed the "25 things" post on Facebook, including me. I found it quite difficult actually. It's hard to come up with 25 random things that don't make you sound totally self absorbed or totally ridiculous. So, I'm starting my own post category. I may even add it to Facebook but right now I'll just add it here.

10 Free things that make me happy
1. Getting mail that's not a bill - even a really good flyer is kind of exciting but once a month when the one magazine I have a subscription to arrives in my mailbox it's like Christmas came early.
2. A clean house - because when my house is spotless I don't feel guilty about sitting on the couch, and because I've earned it. This is a very rare occasion.
3. Text messages - seriously, I get a little excited whenever I hear the TM signal. It's nice to know that someone, somewhere is thinking about me in abbreviations such as WHR R U? or OMG u r stpid (actually that second one isn't all that nice). I also really enjoy when someone sends a message without reading it first and T9 gets all the words mixed up and the message is crazy like: I'll bring hands and you soup to mother games. It's like secret code.
4. When someone brings me a coffee at work (or wherever really) - because I'm not expecting it. And coffee = good.
5. Winning - at anything. I'm competitive and I keep score, at all times, about everything. Besides, winning is so much better than losing.
6. A nap on the couch - this hardly ever happens but when it does, it's so decadent.
7. Won Ton Soup - Ok, so technically not free but good lord is it great.
8. Laughing so hard I cry - Again, this hardly ever happens but who doesn't love a good laugh?
9. Having something to look forward to - I'm going to NKOTB in April, and then Toronto, then summer holidays, then Christmas....you get the idea.
10. Babies, puppies and free money....although not necessarily in that order.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A++++++

I love this post.

Everyone blogs about things that make them mad, and too few blog about things that make them happy.

Cheers to HAPPY BLOGGING!!!!!!!!!

Luke

notquiteawake said...

I also love free money!