Saturday, June 02, 2007

Common Sense is Not So Common

Ok, so I just got home from seeing "Knocked Up" with my buds. It was funny, I liked it. I almost don't mind paying $10 to see a movie when it doesn't suck. I do mind however, paying $10 and listening to a baby cry through an entire movie.

I just don't understand people. Why are you bringing a 2 year old to an "R" rated movie with multiple sex scenes in it? Yea, maybe babies don't understand what's going on but it's still inappropriate. And why would you take a baby to a late movie on a Saturday night, aren't babies supposed to be in bed at a reasonable hour?

It's not like this was Shrek or something where at least the baby could get something out of watching the pictures, it was a adult movie, about adult topics, with adults actually in the movie, what's a two year old going to enjoy about that? When you see "family" movies, you expect that there will be children in the audience and that they may cry or be kind of noisy, so it's no big deal. I don't think that it's fair to all the paying customers who go to see a film that is obviously not intended for children, to have to listen to a baby cry the entire time. And by the way, TAKE THE KID OUT OF THE ROOM. I'm sure you're not enjoying the movie with a screaming kid on your lap so what makes you think the rest of us are?

Hey, I'm pro-baby, I'm on team baby, I enjoy children and I invite you all to have 10 of them if you so wish. I'm no baby-hater, but I just think that this is a good example of people who are not using their common sense, which seems to be less and less common these days. Or maybe these people are just so self-absorbed they don't know what's going on around them or maybe they just don't care. They have special screenings for parents and kids, go to one of those, or get a babysitter, or rent a movie.

Just a final note to all you offenders, when you're in the theatre with your screaming baby, everyone in the theatre is judging you. It may not be nice, it may not be fair, but at that moment everyone in the room thinks you are a bad parent. If I were you, just knowing that, would be reason enough for me to leave the kids at home.

No comments: