Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 08 - Short Term Goals for the Month

Honestly, my goal for the month is to make it to the end of the month.  I'm already exhausted with minor family emergencies, Christmas parties and events, babysitting duties and the general hustle and bustle of the holidays, oh, and the flu.

And I know that everyone feels the crunch at this time of year so I can be patient with the guy who cuts me off in traffic, or the person ahead of me in line at the grocery store who takes a million years counting out their pennies.  We're all stressed out,  so my goal is to slow down during the holidays, that way I won't kill anyone.  I think that's a pretty reasonable goal.
 
My other goal for the month is to be able to run again.  I've been on the bench for the last month or so and it's been really hard watching my buddy train for a half marathon without me, and my basketball team take a beating while I sit on the sidelines.  So I've been stretching and physio therapy-ing and wearing sneakers with dress pants for ever and I'm hoping to give that up for January 1st, but we'll see.  It's been a very frustrating process where it feels like every step forward is followed by another step backward. Sigh.  But it has reminded me how much I enjoy swimming and rekindled my love for the lap lanes.  So I'm going to keep that up and maybe think about another mini-triathlon in the spring.  But walking without a limp is priority one right now, so I'm trying not to get ahead of myself (which is working out really well obviously).

And on a completely unrelated note, here's a picture of Bailey visiting Santa today.  It was a shitshow I tells ya.

No comments: