Monday, December 01, 2008

Fightin' like a karate kid

So I watched the Britney documentary (mockumentary?). I don't know why I expected different but it wasn't a very honest look at her life or explanation of her recent visits to Crazytown, USA. It was produced by her manager so I guess you just had to know it was going to be self-serving. And it's pretty hard to take her seriously when she says that she'd like to disappear and "make it all stop" as they cross cut to all her self-promoting media events.

And another thing: Brit, just admit you went a little nut-so when you shaved your head, don't feed us a line that it was cleansing or an act of rebellion. Just be honest and admit that you left your marbles in your other pair of short shorts that day. At least that way you'd get some sympathy. Nobody sane shaves their head just 'cause. They trim their bangs or buy a new pair of shoes.

But I thought it was really sad how fake her entourage seems. There is way too much laughing going on, the nervous kind that's just a little too loud and goes on a little too long. It's "I didn't drink the kool-aid but I don't want you to know that" kind of laughter. And at one point Brit's playing a game with her assistant and can't believe that she guessed correctly. She asks over and over if the assistant let her win. It's sad really, that she should have to pay people to treat her kindly or with respect. I guess it explains why she was so easily taken advantage of, she has no way of knowing who she can trust without having to sign a cheque.

So I felt pretty bad for poor Britney, but then I changed the channel and realized that there are children in our world who are starving to death, trying to survive war, abuse, or poverty and I realized that I really shouldn't give a shit about Britney. She's got lots of money and she'll be well fed and clothed for the rest of her days so I'm not going to lose any sleep over her...but Amy Winehouse...that's a different story...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hear hear!