Saturday, December 15, 2007

Why there's no milk in my fridge...

At midnight I decide to take advantage of the totally ridiculous fact that the "Super-mart" is open 24 hours to get a few groceries. As always I get my little basket and haul ass around the store picking up my few items. Walking around the deserted store I think to myself, "I'm a total genius! By the time I've got my few things and have gone through the self-checkout, I should be back to the car in under 10 minutes." (I'm super awesome right? Right! "Super-mart" however, is not.)

While mentally patting myself on the back I notice, to my horror, that the self-checkout is not open, in fact there is only ONE lane open. I realize that all the other super awesome people who are geniuses are waiting in a line stretching from the 1st lane to the other side of the store. I also notice that most people have their giant carts full to the brim and as I walk past the huge line with my 6 items in my basket I say to myself, "shit, shit, shit, shit". I turn to the nearest person waiting in line who then informs me that she's been waiting for "at least 25 minutes". "WTF!?!" I think to myself while wondering how this is any more convenient than waiting 25 minutes at a reasonable grocery shopping time.

I walk down the nearest aisle where I place my basket on the floor and walk away. As I walk out the door empty handed, I try not to think about how long it will take a store employee to find and put away the milk and fish I have left, on the floor, next to the dog food in aisle 4. I also try not to think about how angry I am at "Super-mart", not only for making me feel sad and pathetic for shopping at midnight on a Saturday night, but also for just being jerks in general. Thanks "Super-mart"!

2 comments:

notquiteawake said...

I hate Super Mart!!!!!
I have milk in my fridge you can have. It past it's expiry date 5 days ago though. Of course I still drink it.

tee said...

I went and shopped on Sunday afternoon and was in and out in 15 minutes...lesson learned.