Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Trails to You

Ok, I'm throwing this idea out into the universe and you can disagree if you want to, but...I think series finales are never satisfying. I'm speaking specifically about Gilmore Girls here, but really, has anyone ever been totally satisfied when a well-loved show ends? Seinfeld...not satisfying, Friends...not satisfying...Sex in the City...moderately satisfying. Gilmore Girls...NOT SATISFYING!! It just seemed like everything ended too quickly and all the loose ends just wrapped up too neatly, ya know? Maybe I'm just bitter it's over. Let's be honest, in a week or two I won't even miss it.

2 comments:

notquiteawake said...

I miss it! I miss it so much.

I thought the finale was ok. Satisfying in the way that it was predictable. I think season finales need to be predicitable and tie everything up in a neat little package. If they threw a curve ball everyone would be pissed off.
P.S. Love the new look!

Saucy said...

I miss it already! It was a little more satisfying than Seinfeld, which was a total build-up/let down cycle, the clip show they aired before it was better.

I was totally disappointed that it was only an hour long, but I liked that it was tidied up well enough but there was still some speculation left - what will Sookie's baby be, rutabega or turnip? Will Luke and Lorelai get married this time, or will he just landscape her yard and move on? Will Logan go find Rory on the campaign trail, or can we assume that he is a Republican?

These are the things that I want to know.